Friday, January 8, 2010

Visions of Vacuuming Dancing in My Head


In my dreams...

Today's verse:  "I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."  Psalm 40:8

My kids hate to vacuum.  They would rather clean the toilet, dust furniture, or empty the dishwasher.  When I ask them to take on this "grotesque" task, they whine, squirm, and will do anything to not have to do this job.  In my opinion, I'd rather mindlessly run a machine all over the house, than get my hands dirty.  I'll give you the bathrooms any day!  I'm just sayin'.

Once in a while God gives us "jobs" we don't like either, but because we love Him, and trust Him, choose to obey no matter the cost.  Sometimes it means setting aside our fears, preferences, and desires.  Oh, have I been there!  But when I choose obedience as my primary goal, then God gives me all that I need to follow His direction and will, and He blesses me something fierce in the process. 

I pray that my kids always desire to do the will of their Father, even if He calls them to vacuum.  No whining.  No complaining.  Just pure and passionate obedience.

Lord, you are worth following to the ends of the earth.  You are trustworthy enough that I can go wherever you lead.  And you are wise beyond any man, and I will always desire to do your will.  I pray that my children come to know you as that kind of God.  I pray that they too, will desire to follow you wherever you say to go.  May they come to trust you with all their heart, mind and soul, and believe you always have their best interest at heart.  Lord, I look forward to watching your hand guide and direct my children, and how they will choose to respond.  To God be the glory!

No comments: