Monday, January 25, 2010

Gentleman in Training


My sweet babies going to a wedding!

Today's verse:  "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God."  1 John 4:7

The other day my son opened my car door for me.  I have to admit, his thoughtfulness took me by surprise.  At the age of thirteen, he goes back and forth between being an "alien" and a sweetheart.  This was one of those wonderful moments of sweet awe at the gentleman he is becoming.

Odds are that one day Kyle is going to have a girlfriend, and maybe a wife, on top of the other women in his life (his mother, sister, grandmothers, aunts, etc).  I pray that he has taken note of how his dad spoils me, and treats the women in his life with much love and respect.  Giving a listening year, speaking a kind word, or lending a helping hand.

Opening doors can be added to the list.  It isn't mandatory, but just a small way to show importance and care for the one he is with. Women feel cherished by the little acts of kindness and love.

Kyle, always show yourself to be the gentleman God has made you to be.

PS...Don't forget, flowers are nice sometimes too!  

Lord, you have given me a tender-spirited, kind-hearted, young boy.  I often see your spirit reflected in him.  I pray that as he grows into a young man, that he continues to be tender, kind, compassionate, and loving.  May he always respect the women in his life, and treat them as ones precious and honored in your sight.  Let him be an agent of love, because love comes from you.  May love always be on my son's lips, evident in his hands, and proven by his feet.  Lord, may my son be a gentleman in high regard who lives reflecting you in all his words and actions.  May you shine in him all the days of his life, dear Jesus!

No comments: