Monday, January 18, 2010

On My Behalf

Today's verse:  "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."  Romans 8:26-27

No school here today.  The kids are enjoying the opportunity to sleep in and be lazy.  Not sure what this day will hold, but we will enjoy a little family time together.

In celebration of their day-off, my mind must have decided to take a day-off too.  I've struggled to know exactly how to pray today. The good news is that I have a God who knows exactly what each of my children need.  So, though it may feel like an easy way out, I'm going to hold onto the promise that His Spirit will intercede on my behalf today!  What an amazing God!

Dear Lord, Your Holy Spirit helps me in my weakness.  Today,  I do not know what to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for me, and for my children, with groans that words cannot express.  And He who searches my heart, and searches the hearts of my children, knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for us in accordance with your will.  Your Spirit is a gift, Lord, and I entrust my children's needs to your care today.  You know their weaknesses and strengths, and their fears and hopes, even better than I, and can speak to each condition. Thank you for your Spirit, and that you plead to the Father on my behalf today.

No comments: