Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday: I Am Not Alone

Today's verse:  "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."  Psalm 16:11

I have a new favorite song, and I just had to share it.  The words move me each time I hear it.  What a beautiful reminder that God never leaves us alone.  I want my kids to know that truth too.  His daily presence is the sweetest thing I know.  I'm so thankful.



You're not alone for I am here
Let me wipe away your every fear
My love, I've never left your side
I have seen you through the darkest night
And I'm the One who's loved you all your life
All your life

Lord, you have made known to me the path of life; and you fill me with joy in your presence.  My heart cries out with thanks that you never leave me alone.  Your presence fills me with peace when I am anxious, lonely, or burdened.  I pray, Lord, that my children come to know your presence in their lives in a precious way.  When their days feel dark, you will light their way.  When they are unsure of their future, you will lead them and fill them with peace.  When they are overwhelmed by loneliness, you will be their dearest companion.  Lord, I know that you will always be pursuing them, and drawing them to yourself.  Thank you, Lord, for never leaving us alone.  

No comments: