Saturday, January 2, 2010

Believe the Message

Today's verse: “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life." John 5:24

My kids have had many opportunities to hear the message of Christ in their lives. Sunday school, VBS, Sunday morning messages, youth group, summer camp, NWYM activities, stories told by their Grammy and Papa...the list goes on and on. The message has been told time and time again, in many different ways, always planting seeds. Growing up in the church has some benefits, if I do say so myself.

My prayer, however, is that the message my children have heard becomes more than just a "story". This message of God's love changes everything. Somewhere it needs to move from being just mere knowledge, and become their LIFE. It changes how they live, how they love, and how they long for eternal things. I want it to be the air that they breathe.

I pray that it becomes more than just their parents story, but it becomes their very own.

Lord, thank you for being a God who is living and active in our lives, always pursuing us. loving us, and speaking to us. I pray for my children's eternal salvation, and that they may come to know and believe in you as their personal Savior, and receive the gift of forgiveness and eternal life. May my children hear your message in a new way in this coming year, and understand it as the truth for their life, changing how they live, love, and respond. Lord, you are the air that we breathe, and the reason that we live. May my children believe in you, from now, until the end of their life, accepting the greatest gift of all!

No comments: