Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to School


Today's verse:  "Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you."  Proverbs 4:6

This morning my kids go back to school after a three week Christmas break.  This mother is doing a happy dance, but they are not.  No surprise there.

I'm praying that today is filled with joy as they begin a new school quarter, with new classes, and even see their friends after the long break.  Though they are grumbling now, I am hoping that God does a change in their hearts and they find an unusual excitement as they get back into learning.  I so want my kids to find a love for learning, and have something spark a great interest that may even lead them into the future God has planned just for them.  Learning, wisdom, and a good education can bring a lot of work, but it can also bring lots of joy.

May it be so today...even though it means our Christmas break has come to an end.

Lord, your wisdom is of greatest worth, and I pray that my kids will always grow in the knowledge of you.  At the same time, may they find great joy in gaining knowledge at school, and in their reading, writing, history class, and even math.  May they find classes that ignite their passion for learning, and teachers that encourage them to strive better and deeper in their classes.  Today, they will need strength to get back into the swing of routine, and so will I.  Lord, be with us in every moment, reminding us that you are God, and you have made us for this day!  Your wisdom we seek.  Thank you, dear Father.

No comments: