Sunday, January 17, 2010

Future Aspirations

Kyle--2005

Today's verse:  "My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."  Psalm 139:15-16

Do you ever wonder what your kids are going to be when they grow up?  It's a thought that wanders through my head periodically. I have visions of my kids doing something great with their lives.  But doesn't every parent?

One day, when Kyle was in second or third grade, I asked him what he wanted to do when he grows up.  His answer makes me smile, even to this day.

"When I grow up I'm going to be either a professional baseball player or a McDonald's worker!"

Well, I can tell you which one of those options I'm praying for!

What I do know, is that God has great plans for my children's future, and He holds them in His hands.  I just can't wait to watch it all unfold before my very eyes.  I'm just holding on with faith that they follow Him with their lives.

 Kyle--2009

Lord, thank you for my children who are fearfully and wonderfully made by you.  I believe with all my heart that all their days were ordained even before they were born, and that you, Father, have many great plans for their lives.  Plans for a future and a hope.  Lord, I ask that you continue to be their guide and show them the path that you've made just for them.  Help them find their gifts and passions, and use them to bring glory to you all the days of their lives.  May they live all their lives, not with a spirit of timidity, but with a spirit of power, love and self discipline.  Lord, be their God, and lead them in your way everlasting.  I pray that their lives reflect you, and give honor to you, every moment.  Oh how I love you, dear Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen