Friday, January 1, 2010

A Mom's Prayer for the New Year

Today's verse: "You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance." Psalm 65:11

Is it okay for a mom to have New Year's resolutions for her kids? Well, whether it is or not, here are a few things I'm hoping for my kids in 2010.
  • A living and active relationship with Jesus Christ.
  • They sense a desire to stretch themselves and begin a spiritual discipline or two.
  • Fall in love with God's Word.
  • Spend time in prayer.
  • Believe in themselves.
  • Trust in God's deep love.
  • Develop friendships that are good influences.
  • Strive to work harder in school.
  • Laugh more.
  • Complain less.
  • Enjoy each other as friends, not just put up with one another as siblings.
  • Desire to help others in need.
  • Move past fears.
  • Live in contentment.
  • Make wise decisions in regards to music, movies, and activities.
  • Find passions and giftings that God has blessed them with.
I'm sure that is not all, but it's a good start. I know and trust that God has each of these things under control and is daily at work in my kids lives. I can't wait to see what 2010 holds for each of them.

In the meantime, I'm on my knees!

Precious Lord, I thank you for my dear children, and for the plans you have for them in this coming year. I entrust them to your care, and believe you will crown their year with a "bountiful harvest". Even their hard pathways will overflow with abundance. In this year, may my children fall deeper in love with you, seek you for wisdom and guidance, enjoy time in your Word, and live lives that reflect your presence in them. Help me to be faithful to encourage them, discipline them, press them onto better things, and pray for them every day. Lord, my God, be ever near my children, and fill their days with good things. I give you all the praise, and all the thanks, and will continue to be on my knees entrusting them to your care. Amen.

No comments: