Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday: God's Precious Word



Today's verse:  "Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors."  Psalm 119:24

I've spent a few hours over the last week pouring through God's Word, looking for scriptures that speak to the needs of the women in my Bible study.  We are going through a study called "Walking by Faith:  Lessons I Learned in the Dark", and in our homework the author Jennifer Rothschild asked us to write down the areas in our life that cause us to feel like we are walking in the dark.  Further in our lesson she asked us to record promises from God's Word that speak to those areas.   I wondered how many women would go and investigate their Bibles for these promises, or how many women even knew how how to look for specific scriptures to speak to their needs.  So my co-leader and I thought that we would go through the list and find a verse or two that held a promise for each woman's situation.

Every woman's "walking  in the dark situation" was different, but did you know that I found a promise that fit each one?  Not only did I find one, but I had troubles containing myself to four or five.  There was no way that I could be exhaustive in finding the promises God has to offer for these women about their difficult situations!  God's Word is full of hope, wisdom, and power.

When my children go through their own dark times, I know where they can go to find answers, direction, and the peace that God has for them.  God's Word will always speak to their need.  I pray that they know and understand the power it holds to change their lives...and fall in love with it forever!

Thank you, Lord, for giving us Your Word!

Dear Lord, your Word is so precious that my words cannot even begin to express the depths of my thoughts.  Thank you for making a way that we can know you and understand the truth of your love for your children.  What a gift you have given us!  When we open the pages of your Word we can gain your wisdom, we find life changing counsel, and we hear you speaking to us.  Lord, I pray that my children fall in love with your Word, and go there to find guidance through their lives.  May they hide your word in their heart. Your Word is life giving and it sustains my soul.  Thank you, dear Jesus for this wonderful treasure.

No comments: