Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beauty and Power

 

Today's verse:  "Let all the earth fear the Lord.  Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him."  Psalm 33:8

Today I am visiting the Oregon coast with my mom and sister.  Some girl-time to refresh our batteries and enjoy some moments together.  As we slept, we cracked open the balcony door, and listened to the roar of the majestic ocean.  Such beauty and power. 

I don't know why, but the ocean never fails to stir my heart and move my thoughts towards God.

His beauty is indescribable.
His power is uncontainable.
His faithfulness unending.
His grace encompassing.
His love so overflowing.

I stand in awe of Him.

Today, I'm praying that my children's hearts are moved towards God today too, even as they are back home spending the weekend with their Dad.  I long that my children always stand in awe of who God is, and revel at His presence in their lives.

Maybe I'll just bring them to the ocean...because maybe they would just sense His beauty and power too.

Lord, I stand in awe of you today.  I delight in your beauty, power and majesty.  I pray that my children fear you as Lord of their lives, and begin to truly comprehend how immense and real you are.  May their hearts always be moved towards you, and they find themselves truly in awe of who you are.  God, you are an amazing God, and you are beautiful to me.

No comments: