Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday: My Son

Today’s verse: “Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you.” Philippians 1:27-28

Happy Birthday, to my precious son, Kyle! Thirteen years ago today, you entered this world and began your journey of becoming the man God wants you to be! You brought a smile to our face from the moment we set our eyes on you.


I want to say “thank you” to God for...
  • your desire to know Him more
  • your gentle spirit and kind heart
  • your sense of humor and contagious smile
  • your discipline in keeping up your grades, and doing your best at school
  • your desire to keep your room organized
  • your striving to do your best in everything
  • your determination in saving money and purchasing your own things
  • your good sportsmanship whether you win or loose
  • your loyalty to your friends
  • your creativity when it comes to legos, drawing, and writing
  • your respect for your teachers, youth leaders, and coaches

What a fine young man you are, son. I so look forward to the next few years, and watching God’s plan unfold for your life. He has designed wonderful things for your days ahead! Just keep following Him with all of your heart!

Happy Birthday, my dear son!

Lord, my heart is full of thanksgiving for my son Kyle! You have blessed our family abundantly by adding this young man to our lives. You have fearfully and wonderfully made Kyle, and he reflects You in so many ways. Lord, I continue to pray that he conducts himself in a manner worthy of your gospel, and that he will stand firm in you, contending for his faith. I pray that he will never walk away from you, or be pulled away by others who oppose you. May he love you, follow you, and serve you all the days of his life. Kyle is precious, and honored in your sight, and you love him. There is no greater gift he can be given on this special day. I love you, Lord, and I give you thanks for my baby boy!

No comments: