Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One More Story, God!

Stories with Grammy--2005

Today’s verse: "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the Lord. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the Lord. –Isaiah 59:21

My children have a heritage filled with faithfulness.
  • They have Great-great-grandparents (and beyond) who loved the Lord.
  • They have Great-grandparents who loved the Lord.
  • They have Grandparents who love the Lord.
  • And aunts, uncles, and cousins, from generations past until today, who love/loved the Lord.
One of my favorite things to watch, as my kids have grown up, is the time they have spent gathered around my Mom, aka “Grammy”, listening to the stories of her life, and of the lives of past generations. Often we would hear “One more story, Grammy. One more story.” Some stories were funny, some were based on lessons learned, and a lot of the stories shared about God activity and presence in the lives of those in our family.

I believe that I walk closely with the Lord today because of my God-loving family and their faithfulness to serve Him, love Him, and live for Him. Their mouths must have been filled with stories of God’s blessing and work in their lives. It then became a powerful testimony, passed down from generation to generation, to infect lives with Jesus. I believe, even now, my kid’s lives are impacted for Jesus with each story told. It just shows the power of our words!

I thank the Lord for the heritage I have, and that my children have, of a God-loving family. Like them, I pray that my kid’s mouths will be filled with stories of His faithfulness in their lives.

One more story, God. Oh, one more story!

Lord, your faithfulness from generation to generation, is something I give you praise for. You have moved, and acted, in my family’s life in so many ways. Thank you for a heritage of believers who have lived their lives for you, and were faithful to not let your words depart from their mouths. I love the precious moments my kids have, sitting and hearing stories of your presence in the past, and love the stories you are creating for the future. Lord, show my kids evidence of your activity in their lives today. May their eyes and ears be fully aware of your presence, and recognize the stories they have that give testimony to your Spirit’s work in their lives. Thank you, Lord, for the stories!

No comments: