Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Breakthrough in Honesty

Today’s verse: “May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.” Psalm 25:21 (NLT)

Three weeks ago we had a bad day in our house. It was a day we won’t soon forget.

One of our children broke our fairly new flat screen television. Goofing off with an empty plastic bottle ended in disaster. The following YouTube video gives you a little idea of what happens when something makes contact with a flat screen tv.



There were many lessons learned that day, and we will all remember for many years to come, the fear, regret, anger, and disappointment we felt. The thing I was most proud of, however, was the immediate honesty that came when the accident happened. The hardest thing to do, when we make a mistake, is to be honest and confess our faults. With sincere remorse and concern, my child showed integrity and honesty in a moment where it was probably pretty hard to do.

May my children always strive to live with integrity and honesty, putting their hope in God to help them when it seems that it’s the most difficult path to take.

“No legacy is so rich as honesty.” William Shakespeare

Lord, I pray that integrity and honesty is always a part of the fabric of my children’s lives. Holy Spirit, guide and lead them into living lives that please you. May honesty be forever on their lips. Give them the strength when it seems to be the hard thing to do, and peace when fear tempts them to walk the other way. Lord, I pray that they will find your protection, when they choose honesty and integrity. May they always put their hope in you. Honesty and integrity are trademarks that I pray they wear with pride.

No comments: