Sunday, November 22, 2009

Spiritual Giants in the Land


Today’s verse: "Go," the LORD said to me, "and lead the people on their way, so that they may enter and possess the land that I swore to their fathers to give them." Deuteronomy 10:11

My heart is full of contemplation today as I think about the spiritual giants in my life, and wondering if I living my life in such a way that I will be looked on as a person who encourages, leads, and stretches others in their walks with the Lord.

And my children…will they be people who lead others closer to the Promise Land? Will they be prayer warriors who others look to when needs arise? Will they be wise about God’s Word and speak with discernment and depth, to help others understand and believe the truth written on the pages of the Book of Life? Will they live their lives in such a way that people see the hope that comes in walking step-by-step with their Savior? Will they be passionate about shouting to the world their love for Jesus, and lead others into a similar, life-saving, relationship? Oh, I pray so. I pray they become spiritual giants to the world around them. May they “lead people on their way, so that they may enter and posses the land” God has promised for His children!

Be leaders, dear ones! There is a world that is lost and they are seeking what you have to offer. Be the spiritual giants of your day.

Lord, you are the answer for a world who is lost. You are the hope, the light, and the joy of the world. There are so many who are wandering in the desert, much like the Israelites, and are seeking directions to the Promise Land. I pray that my kids sense your call in their lives to lead the way. I pray that they boldly speak your truth, share the blessing you are in their lives, and offer to the world instruction, guidance, and wisdom on how to walk with you. Lord, may they be prayer warriors, bringing the needs of others to your feet. May they be truth seekers, and scripture lovers, so that they can share you in all that they say and do. I pray that my kids develop a deep relationship with you, Father, and pass that treasure onto others. What a gift they have to share with the world!

No comments: