Friday, September 24, 2010

Ready to See

"I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do."  Acts 13:22


My men texted this picture to me yesterday.  I'm not sure that I was ready to see my 13 year old (though almost 14) son shaving.  It was a reminder that daily he's getting closer and closer to manhood.

AAahhhh....I don't think I'm ready!

At the same time, I can't wait to see what kind of man he will become.  I wonder what he will do, what his family will look like, and if he'll stand by the things we have taught him.  Oh how I pray that he will be a man after God's own heart, and that he will do everything God wants him to do.

That's the one thing I'm ready to see!

Lord, you are moving, living in and guiding my son Kyle.  Keep on, dear Jesus, please keep on!  Grow him up, and encourage him to be a man after your own heart.  I pray that Kyle will do everything You want him to do, being obedient without ever a second thought.  May his words always be pleasing to you.  May he always keep his eyes from feasting on things that lead to a hardened heart or unclean thoughts.  Move his feet to follow wherever you lead, and his hands to help those in need, and love those in his path.  Lord, I pray that Kyle reflects you in mighty ways, from today until you call him home, loving you with every breath he takes.  I'm ready to see him be Your man!


No comments: