Monday, September 27, 2010

Becoming a Missionary

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."  Matthew 4:19

Kyle...2010


I came upon this interesting quote the other day as I was reading Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest.  Just something to ponder...
"The goal of a missionary is to do God's will, not to be useful or to win the lost.  A missionary is useful and he does win the lost, but that is not his goal,  His goal is to do the will of his Lord."  (09/23 devotional)
I'd never thought of the term "missionary" in that light.  I'm praying that Alyssa and Kyle always choose to do the will of the Lord!  It won't always be easy, but it's a high calling that will reap God's abundant grace and blessing!

Lord, today I pray for my dear children, Alyssa and Kyle, and lift them before your throne.  Make their hearts and minds aware of your presence and call on their lives.  Urge them, Father, to always follow you wherever you lead and continually do your will.  In this, may others see your reflection in their lives, and be drawn to find you for themselves.  Being a fisher of men is a wondrous benefit that comes if Alyssa and Kyle would live in close relationship with you.  You, Lord, are the light of the world, and you are the precious Savior for allThere is no greater calling in our lives, than to follow your will.

No comments: