Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Do It...Not!

"I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus."  Acts 20:21

"I do it!"...Lyssa, 1997

Oh there have been days when I want to pull my hair out because Alyssa and Kyle won't accept my help.  They could even be grunting in disgust, stomping their feet in frustration, or giving up because something is too hard, YET they still don't want my advise or help.

"I do it!" was a common statement when they were little.  Self-reliant little things they were/are. 

I think I'm like that sometimes too.  "I do it!"

At some point in our lives, we all need to come to the realization that we need God.  We need His guidance, His salvation, and His forgiveness, because we can't do it all by ourselves.

I'm praying that my kids set aside their stubbornness in those moments of frustration, hopelessness and anxiety, and turn to God!  Faith in Him will be the greatest decision of their lives!

Lord, you are our help, our strength, and our salvation!  You make the difficult things in life manageable.  You bring us hope when we are hopeless, answers when we don't understand, and peace when our fears or frustrations begin to overtake us.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle turn to you, God, in repentance and have faith in you, our Lord Jesus.  Help them to recognize the areas in their lives that they are self-reliant and need to hand over the reigns of their lives.  They need you, dear Jesus.  They can't do it on their own!  Thank you, Lord, for your everlasting love and presence in Alyssa and Kyle's life.  You are their greatest gift!


No comments: