Saturday, August 28, 2010

Turn to God the Living Water

"Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.  Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he again will send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah."  Acts 3:19-20


Yesterday, my dear hubby and I went and spent some time sitting along this river.  We brought our chairs and books, and enjoyed a nice beautiful afternoon soaking in the sun.  It was 70 degrees, sunny, and perfect.

There's something I love about sitting along the water.  I could sit there for hours!  It's refreshing, peaceful, and calming in it's own way.    As I sat there, my thoughts went to Christ, the Living Water, who refreshes my soul, quenches my thirsty heart, and fills life with an abundant peace.  He's the best part of my life.

I want my kids to experience the Living Water for themselves, and revel in the times of refreshment that comes with the presence of God in their life.  

Turn to God, my children!

Lord, I give you thanks and praise, knowing that when Alyssa and Kyle repent of their sins and turn to you, their sins will be wiped away, and times of refreshment will come from being in your presence.  Oh what joy and peace they will find. Your salvation is the greatest gift of their life, and they will find such peace, contentment and hope. Thank you, Lord, for being our Living Water, and our Savior.  My heart gives you all the honor and praise.

No comments: