Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday: God's Gifts

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."  James 1:17

God's gifts have been abundant!

 Lyssa...2010
  • Alyssa is home from her Mexico trip!
  • I think Alyssa missed her brother. Hugs were included.
  • Alyssa's team gave a few reports on their trip, and I loved hearing how God did amazing things in and through them while they were in Mexico.
  • Many adults involved in Alyssa's trip had wonderful things to say about my girl. What joy it is to hear someone else praise your child.*

 Kyle and his team after winning the State Championship...July 2010

  • Kyle is playing in a Regionals baseball tournament this week. They won the State Championship two weeks ago, if I haven't shared that yet.
  • The announcer on the online feed (which I was watching because I didn't make the first couple of games), had lots of praise for the awesome short-stop.  *Note above.  I'm looking forward to seeing the last half of the tournament.

Alyssa and Kyle are growing up, and daily I find myself proud of who and what they are becoming.   I see God at work, and how He is answering my prayers.  He is so good!

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful blessings you have filled my life with.  Thank you for my dear husband, my beautiful daughter, and my delightful son.  My life is truly rich.  Thank you, too, for every good and perfect gift you have bestowed on our family lately.  I see your presence in truly evident ways.  Thank you for growing up Alyssa and Kyle in so many ways, and drawing them closer to you through so many wonderful experiences in their lives.  Continue, dear Jesus, to build up their faith, and teach them about your deep love and abiding presence.  You are the living God, and you are alive and active in our lives.   My heart cries out with deep thanks!

No comments: