Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Following My Example

"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1

Papa, Daddy and Kyle...1998

I love this picture!  There's just something about seeing little Kyle try to be just like the big boys.  Tent making is hard work, boy howdy!

Daily Alyssa and Kyle are watching how their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends handle what life throws at them.  They are making note of how we work, deal with conflict, forgive, show love, serve, and walk with Jesus.  (Unfortunately, they'll  catch some of the the bad things, as well as the good.)

So I wonder, what will my kids take away from watching me today?  What will they observe, with their eyes or ears, of my faith in God?  It gives me pause to ponder.  

What of me are they becoming?

Lord, I try to follow you to the best of my ability every day.  I try to be who you call me to be, and walk where you lead.  As I follow you, I hope that I am becoming more like you.  Some days it feels like I have such a long way to go.  Dear Jesus, help my kids to see you in me, and desire to follow my example.  May they see the joy that comes from living their life for you, and go out and want to do the same.  May they see the peace that appears when we choose to forgive, and do likewise when it is necessary. May they see the hope that comes from just knowing and resting in you. I pray that their eyes see a difference in me because I spend time in your Word.  I pray that they catch onto the joy that comes when we listen or encourage others, or give of ourselves when someone is in need.  Lord, help me, as Alyssa and Kyle's mom, to be a beautiful example to them of a child who obediently and passionately follows her Father.

No comments: