Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday:

I wash my hands in innocence, 
       and go about your altar, O Lord,

 proclaiming aloud your praise 
       and telling of all your wonderful deeds.

 I love the house where you live, O Lord, 
       the place where your glory dwells.
--Psalm 26:6-8

Happy Anniversary to me!

Today I'm proclaiming "aloud" praise for the wonderful deeds God has done this week.
  • Ken and I celebrated our anniversary.  He gave me 21 tulips for 21 years, with a thought behind what each color stood for.  I felt truly loved and blessed.
  • Alyssa made the varsity volleyball team.  Go Lyss!
  • Kyle came home with all "A"'s on his work from school in the first week.
  • Alyssa started her college classes this week...she is taking Psychology and History. Taking her to get her college textbook was quite the moment for her mom. Wowza.
  • Kyle is sitting down and going straight to work on his homework when he gets home. 
  • Alyssa hasn't had a headache all week.
  • Kyle can't stand to sit around and do nothing, and so broke down and signed up for fall baseball.  Though I was looking forward to a break, it's good to see him wanting to keep busy.
  • After church on Sunday our family went to lunch together and had some good conversation about church.  Daily I see my kids becoming more and more like adults. 
  • I felt blessed and encouraged by my Sunday night prayer time for the youth of our church.  Though the group was small, it was "mighty in battle"!

God is good, friends!  What are you giving Him praise for today?  I'd love to rejoice with you!

Lord, I want to proclaim "aloud" and tell of all your wonderful deeds.  Thank you, Lord, for the way you've blessed our family this week.  I love seeing evidence that you are a part of our lives, and you're moving in our home and our children.  Thank you for the way you're growing up our children into adults, and how I see your presence abiding with them.   I love the house where you live, O Lord, the place where your glory dwells.  You are so good, and I marvel you!

No comments: