Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oh, the Gall


Today's verse:  "Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers."  3 John 1:2

Yesterday I got to have a look at my kidneys, liver, spleen, stomach, and gallbladder.  Not that I could really tell what I was seeing.  I only knew because someone trained on how to read an ultrasound machine could tell me what body part I was looking at.  If I didn't know better, it looked much like the ultrasounds I had when I was pregnant.  Whew...that's not why I was there.  I won't know for a couple of days if anything unusual appeared, but it was kind of an interesting experience. 

God made our bodies so amazing.  Each part has it's function and purpose.  Except the gall bladder, the weird little thing.  That's what I really went in to have checked, and the doctor informed me that it has no hugely important function, and if I had to have it removed, I would not be any worse off.  I wonder why God gave us a gall bladder then?  One of those questions I guess we'll get to ask Him one day, I guess.

Anyway, as I watched my body parts flash up on the screen, I was reminded to be thankful for my children's bodies and their good health. A cold here or there, and a headache or two once in a while, is about as major a health problem as we've ever had to deal with.  I'm so, so thankful that they have strong and healthy bodies today.  You can bet your bottom dollar that I am praying it stays that way for a very long time.

Thank you, dear Jesus, for the health of my children.  They each have strong, able and beautiful bodies that are a gift from you.  You make each body part vital...how amazing is you are.  Lord, continue to protect the health of my babies.  Save them from being run down, having colds, but also anything that is life threatening.  You are the giver of each day, and of every heart beat, and we trust you for each moment we live and breathe.  You have fearfully and wonderfully made each of my children.  Bring strength to each limb, allowing them to do things that they can only do with your power.  Give them refreshing sleep each night, so they can wake up and feel ready to follow your calling on their lives.  You are the giver of the air that we breathe, and the bodies we live in, and we trust you with each moment we live. 

No comments: