Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Best GPS


Today's verse:  "The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives."  Psalm 37:23

I'm struggling with some things in my life right now.  Areas in which I'm asking for God's wisdom, direction, and guidance.  (Nothing huge, so don't worry too much.)  In this process, I am praying that He "directs my steps" in a clear way, so that I don't miss His instruction and help.  Sometimes I wonder if God gets tired of the things I ask Him about, over and over.  However, yesterday He gave me the above verse, offering assurance that He delights in every detail of my life.  The questions I ponder, my hopes and fears, and even my desires or struggles, are things that He looks on with pleasure, especially as I allow Him to guide my footsteps. 

I pray that my children also look to God for His direction in their lives.  If I, as their mother, take such great delight in watching them grow up, and follow Christ, I can't imagine what joy it must bring God Himself.  He delights over every detail of their lives.  What an intimate, loving, and precious God He is! 

Oh Lord, please direct our paths!

Lord, I know that your Word promises that when we trust in you, and lean not on our own understanding, acknowledging you with each step, you will be there making our paths straight.  Every day we are faced with choices and decisions, that can either take us closer to you, or further away.  Or choices that are right in the center of your will, or off the beaten path in another direction because of our own selfish desires that wage war within us.  I pray Lord, that you always direct my steps, and the steps of our children.  What great delight it brings you to see your sons and daughters living their lives for you, and in you.  Today, help us to pay attention to your leading and guiding, and be bold to go where you want us to go, no matter the cost.  Take delight in every detail of our children's lives, covering them with your blessing, offering them protection, and directing their steps every day.

No comments: