Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Instructions for Life

Today's verse: "Surely it is you who love the people; all the holy ones are in your hand. At your feet they all bow down, and from you receive instruction."  Deuteronomy 33:3

This past summer my two boys went on a father-son camp-out.  No girls were allowed.   I think it became a sort of initiation into manhood for Kyle.  He learned how to make a campfire, cook dinner on the barbecue, and set up the tent.


In my opinion, I would not survive a camp-out if I had to set up my own tent.


Unless maybe I had some really good instructions!  Even then, I'm sure that I'd experience some problems along the way.  With the guidance of Dad, Kyle was successful in his endeavor to successfully set up their man-castle. 


If I ever go camping, I'll just take Kyle. 

In life, God and His Word are a lot like having the instruction manual, or dad's help, to set up the tent.  God and His Word give guidance and direction for a successful life.  He has wonderful plans for His children, and all the wisdom we need to see it come to life.  When we are faithful to follow His instructions, and listen to His voice, we'll accomplish great things!

Lord, I so love your Word. and the treasures I find there.  Thank you for speaking to me when I open it's pages.  Your love for your children is so evident.  Lord, help my children fall in love with your Word too.  May they find your wisdom and leadership, and look to you for direction for their lives.  When they don't know what to say or do, may their first response be to seek your help through your Word.  When they are fearful, I pray that they open the pages of your Word and find hope and peace.  When they worry, may they fix their eyes on you.  Lord, you promise that there are plans for our lives that are not for harm, but will allow us to prosper, if we seek you.  When we seek you through your Word, we will find you!  Give us instructions for life, dear Jesus, and may we live in the confidence we find in You!

No comments: