Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday: God's Sustaining Word

Today's verse:  "The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught."  Isaiah 50:4

Thursday's are Women's Bible Study days!  It's one of my favorite times of the week.  I love the encouragement I find there, and the joy we find learning about God and His Word together.  I've grown so much in my walk with the Lord because of our Thursday mornings in the Word.  God is always faithful to show up!

I can't wait to see what He has in store for today!

Lord, thank you for your Word and how it sustains me, gives me life, and draws me closer to you.  I'm so blessed that I can learn more about you, and that there are other women who are desiring to do the same.  What a gift it is that we can teach one another, and that others can give new insights to your Word that help it come alive.  Thank you that there are women who love your Word and are being changed by it day by day.  What a blessing it is that these women lift me up, pray for me, and stand by me through thick and thin.  Lord, I pray that my children fall in love with studying your Word, and find a group of people who can challenge them to grow in knowledge and depth of insight.  I pray that they have a hunger and thirst to know you through your Word, and they fill the urgency in great ways, instead of letting that feeling fall away.  Lord, bring them a community of believers who hunger and thirst after your Word as well, and help them desire to dig deeper, and understand more, what's in your Scriptures.  Make the Words come alive in our lives!  I love you, Lord, and want to seek more and more after you!

No comments: