Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday: God's Not Done


Today's verse:  "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."  Philippians 1:6 (NLT)

Today I am thankful that God is not finished with me yet.  Some days I feel He has a lot of work to do in my life to make me the woman He wants me to be.  This week I have sensed Him speaking to me, stretching me, blessing me, and even forgiving me.  Oh, the sweetness of God's forgiveness. 

I'm so thankful...

Lord, thank you for not giving up on me.  I thank you that you are doing a good work in me, and you will continue to do so until the day of Christ's return.  Continue to mold me into the woman you want me to be.  I so want to reflect you as I parent, as a wife, and when I serve others.  There are days when I feel like there is more of me in me, than you, and I so want that to be different.  Lord, forgive me for the times when I fall short, and fill me with your Spirit and strength so I can handle anything that comes my way. Clothe me with strength and dignity.  Dear Jesus, I'm so thankful that you're not finished with me yet.  May I shine with Your presence living in my life.

No comments: