Thursday, March 31, 2011

Taught By God

"It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me."  John 6:45

 1998


Sometimes it's hard to be my teenager's "teacher".  There's something about teenagers that makes them think they know everything, and their parent knows nothing.  It's normal, I know, but there are things that Alyssa and Kyle need to learn.  (Of course, don't we all)?!  


I came across the above verse the other day in my quiet time and I just loved it, especially as I thought about my sometimes "strong-willed" children..."they will all be taught by God".  What a relief to know, that there are some things I can entrust Him to teach my children, especially when I feel unsuccessful.  Thank you, dear Jesus!


Oh that they will "listen to the Father"!  


Lord, you are our most precious Father, and I am in awe of your amazing wisdom, and that you impart it to your children.  I will continue praying that you fill Alyssa and Kyle with the knowledge of your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. With everything that I am, I pray that they will be sponges who soak up all the wisdom and knowledge you have for them, and be hearers and doers of your Word.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle always have flexible spirits, tender minds, and open ears to the voice of their Savior.  Teach them, Jesus!

No comments: