Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Give Ear to Him

"Pay attention to Me, O My people,
         And give ear to Me, O My nation..."
  Isaiah 51:4

Alyssa and Kyle...stuck in the sand..2004

God has been taking me on a journey over the last couple of years...and it hasn't always been an easy one.  More and more I'm falling in love with prayer.  However, I'm not perfect at it.  Pray takes a lot of discipline for me because I'm far better at talking than listening.  (I'm just like my kids...ha!)

I long for my kids to fall in love with prayer too, and know and believe in its power.  Through prayer they will go on a journey that draws them closer to God in ways that they can't imagine.  It will take practice to "pay attention" to Him, and listen to His voice.  May they choose to struggle through the discipline of going to Him over and over again, and when it feels like work, they will continue to press on and stick it out until they meet Him face to face.

Prayer will definitely change Alyssa and Kyle's walk with the Lord, if they let it!

Lord, be in, around, and above Alyssa and Kyle today.  As they learn to pay attention to you, and give their ear to you, may they find the power, hope and love you have to offer them.  Prayer is a discipline that takes much work, choice, and time.  I hope they go to such effort to know you, Lord, and that it becomes like speaking to you as one does a friend.  Remove the fear that comes from praying aloud to you, in front of others, and make them strong intercessors for others.  I pray that they learn to listen to you intently, Lord, and that they hear the sweetness of your voice in their ear.  I love you, Lord, and I pray that these words are sweet, sweet sound in your ear.



No comments: