Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Great Things

"God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding." Job 37:5


God is always doing great things in our lives, so that we can be fully aware that He is present and active, and know that He loves us. 
  • Alyssa and her quiz team had safe travels this weekend to North Idaho. The snow started falling after they arrived home.  God is good!
  • Our women's retreat planning team put on a fundraiser on Sunday afternoon, and through the generosity of so many in our church family, we raised over $1,000.  God is good!
  • My dad has been transferring old slides from my childhood, into a digital format, and periodically will send a few my way via email.  I got a few this week, and it reminded me that I'm thankful for my childhood, and my parents faithfulness to teach my sister and I about living with God as the center of lives. God is good!
  • Alyssa surprised me one day with my favorite drink from Sonic.  The other sweet surprise was that she bought one for her brother too.  God is good!
Lord, I'm so thankful for the many great things you do in our lives.  I love the marvelous ways your voice thunders in tenderness to your children.  It's those things, big or small, that bring me joy on the hard days.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle become aware of the mighty things you are doing in their lives, and they are reminded to declare your praise.  Thank you for their growth, for protecting them, and for continuing to teach them your ways.  May they always live with you as the center of their lives.  Thank you, Lord, for your mighty blessings.

No comments: