Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Part of God's Plan

"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them." Matthew 18:20

 Our Church

I love church...and in a lot of ways I need my church.  I think that's God's desire and plan for His children.  Sometimes I struggle with worry that Alyssa and Kyle will become disenchanted with the church, and walk away from it all together.  I want them to find great joy in what a church family can give them, and experience the treasure it is to dig in God's Word and learn with others beside them.  I pray that they hear God speak to them through others, find strength and encouragement when they go through the storms of life, and delight in using their spiritual gifts to change others lives. 

So many blessings to be had by being a part of God's church!  Oh, yes there is! 

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."  Hebrews 10:25


Lord, I pray that our children not give up meeting together with other believers.  I pray that they remember the rich blessings there are for them as they invest their lives in a church family.  There will sometimes be hard or unlovely things, but God really wants the church to be a place of fellowship, encouragement and blessing.  Lord, help Alyssa and Kyle to always remember the good things about church, and the blessings of being involved with other believers, and forgive the hard things.  I pray that church will always be a vital part of their lives, and they will find it an integral part of their faith and growth in Christ. I know, Lord, that you have made them with gifts, and those gifts have a purpose for your kingdom, and possibly in a church somewhere.  May they always be connected to you, dear Jesus, and find encouragement from being in fellowship with other believers.


No comments: