Saturday, March 26, 2011

Who Will Tell Them?

"But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!"  Romans 10:14-15 (NLT)

Alyssa and Kyle...Spring Break 2007

As I think about Alyssa and Kyle, and their walk with the Lord, I am conscious of the fact that they watch me in my relationship with God, and they hear what I have to say about it.  Daily I am an example.  In all reality, however, there is a chance that they will hear about it all better from someone else.  Oh how I hope that there are other people in their lives that are involved in sharing the good news of Christ to them, that exhibit passion and commitment to Him, and help them grow in their faith. 

How will they hear about Him unless someone tells them?


Lord, I pray that there are people that come in contact with Alyssa and Kyle that are not ashamed of the gospel, and will speak boldly on your behalf.  I pray that You may open a door for their message, and that they may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that someone may share the good news clearly to Alyssa and Kyle, and make the most of every opportunity they have to lead them closer to you.  Thank you for the people you put in their lives that know you, love you, and speak of you.  Thank you for the difference you make in their lives, and for the difference you can make in my kids lives.  You are a God of hope, love, and relationship, and I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know the reality of your salvation!

No comments: