Wednesday, March 9, 2011

His Life Purpose

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong."  1 Corinthians 16:13

Recently Kyle came home from school with a poster he had made.  It was supposed to reflect his mission statement for life. He attends a public school, and it made me proud to see that he was bold, and not afraid, to tell his peers all about what is most important to him.  

Here's a couple of pictures of this poster.

Follower, Athletic, Independent, Truthful, Humble

I especially love the statement found in the lower right corner.

"My life's purpose is to become a strong believer through Christ."

My heart did a "happy dance" when he brought this poster home!  That's what I'm praying for...and that's why I daily write a blog. Yeah God!


Lord, thank you for being present and active in Kyle's life.  I love knowing that you are continually pursuing him, and that he is choosing to follow wherever you lead.  I pray that Kyle will always be on guard, standing firm in his faith.  May he always be a man of courage, and be strong in you, dear Jesus.  From this day forward, I pray that Kyle chooses to walk down the paths you have chosen for him, that he listens to your voice telling him where to go, and that he actively seeks to know you in deeper and deeper ways.  You alone are Kyle's God, and I pray that he will always be your child.  Oh how I praise you for the signs I see of your presence in Kyle's life today.  Keep on growing him, Father, in your ways.  May he always reflect you.

No comments: