Friday, April 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday...A Day Late

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our 'God is a consuming fire.'" Hebrews 12:28-29

  Photo taken by Lyssa

So, after writing this post, I realized that I'm a day late...TODAY IS FRIDAY!!!  I'm leaving my post as it stands.  Maybe you can tell that Spring Break has effected my brain.  I still wanted to tell my Savior "thank you!"  So here you go...

Being consistent to have a "Thankful Thursday"  makes me purposeful to think on the ways God has been at work in the life of my family.  What sweetness it is to realize that our big God chooses to bless, touch, and work in the lives of His children!

Here's just a few things I'm grateful for this week:
  • Three coffee appointments on Friday left me all abuzz...each were important times of ministry and encouragement.
  • Sang with a few ladies at a women's brunch on Saturday. What joy it was to sing to the Lord! 
  • Sweet encouragers joining me in prayer on Sunday night.
  • Dinner and pinochle with dear friends on Monday...the laughter was a balm to my spirit after a hard day.
  • Kyle spent all day Tuesday at an area amusement center with some good friends from school, and Lyss and I had a successful shopping trip to the mall.  And to be honest, that IS a God-sighting!
  • Ken and I had a 30 minutes walk...just the two of us...on Wednesday.  The sun was shining, he flowers blooming, and the birds chirping.  A lovely moment in my day.
  • On Thursday (yes, yesterday...this is when I figured out my error) a friend sent me a note that she was reminded to pray for our family.  What a bright red cherry on top of my day!

Lord, I am so thankful to you, and the many ways I've seen your presence and activity in my family's life this week.  You are good, you are God, and you have blessed us!  I love that you walk with us and you talk with us in so many ways.  There can be no doubt that you are real.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle recognize the ways you are with them, and the many avenues in which you choose to bless them.  May their mouths declare your praise for your precious presence in their lives. 

No comments: