Friday, April 29, 2011

AnxiousThoughts

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts."  Psalm 139:23

 Alyssa...and her scowl (ha!)...2010

This week has been filled with many moments where I have found one or both of my children in a state of worry or panic.  The end of the school year is on the downhill slide, projects are coming due, tests to be taken, and then there is prom, senior schedules, and needed internship plans.  It's easy to let those things become "anxious thoughts, and then they are debilitating to doing the best things. Overwhelming is the word that describes everything.  

"Taking our thoughts captive" becomes an important lesson, and handing our concerns to God, a lifeline.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."  Philippians 4:6

I'm praying this for Alyssa and Kyle today!

Lord, I know you are fully aware of the anxious thoughts of Alyssa and Kyle.  Be their peace through each stress, their hope when doubts are high, and their strength in each situation.  What a great thing it would be if they can learn at this young age to not be anxious about anything, and instead lay their burdens at your feet, and entrust you, and you alone, to take care of every details of their lives.  You alone are God, and you are present with them through each trial and storm.  Lord, remind them of your mighty strength today!

No comments: