Saturday, April 16, 2011

See Him

"My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you."  Job 42:5

 I love my boy's bright blue eyes!


Dear Precious Father, what a blessed thing it is that you are not a silent God, you are not far from us, and you don't desire to stay hidden from our sight.  You are a God who longs for your children to come into relationship with you, and so you are pursuing us all the time.  My children's ears have heard of you all of their lives.  They know the stories found in your Word, and have been taught about you over and over again.  I pray, however, that they come to experience you in new ways...in ways that draw them into a powerful relationship of love, conversation, and trust.  Lord, I look forward to the day when they can say that they have seen you with their eyes.  Build their faith, move them to hope, and teach them to trust in you with all their heart, mind, and soul.  Make yourself evident in my children's lives in profound and visible ways.  What sweet words it will be when I hear them say, "I've just seen Jesus." 

No comments: