Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cry Out to Jesus

 
Kyle...2 Years Old

"He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them."  Psalm 145:19

Oh, how I hated those times I would take my little ones to the grocery store and they would find something that they just HAD to have, and because I would say "no" a temper tantrum would ensue.  It still happens once in a while, but the temper tantrums just look a little different. 

Don't we all throw temper tantrums once in a while when things don't go the way we want?  I know that I do.  Part of growing up is learning to be content, no matter our circumstances, with whatever we receive in life.  Growing up sometimes means practicing patience and learning how to wait.

I know there are days when I want to throw myself on the floor and have a good tantrum.  Who doesn't?  I find it harder, but much more rewarding, to go to God with my complaints and tears. Prayer brings the peace my heart needs.

Just cry out to Jesus!

Lord, you know the deep desires of our hearts.  You know the big and little things that we long and hope for.  I believe that you're a God who wants to bless my children, and give them the desires of their hearts, when they choose to seek you.  Lord, when there are disappointments in Alyssa and Kyle's life, I pray that they cry out to you, and when there are hopes and dreams they long to be fulfilled, I pray that they seek you with all their hearts.  Lord, you love your children with an unfailing, unending love, and just like a parent, you want to shower them with blessing.  Show Alyssa and Kyle the wide open door, where they can enter into your presence, seek your face, and cry out their hearts to you.  You are a precious, loving God, and I stand in awe of you today. 

No comments: