Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday: A Week of Blessings

For the grave cannot praise you,
   death cannot sing your praise;
those who go down to the pit
   cannot hope for your faithfulness.
The living, the living—they praise you,
   as I am doing today;
fathers tell their children
   about your faithfulness. 
--Isaiah 38:18-20

Alyssa made some coasters this week...what fun!

Just a few things I want to give God praise for today...
  • Spiritual growth and character developments in Lyssa and Kyle.
  • Special times as a family.
  • Kids who do their best in school.
  • Sunday night prayer times.
  • Encouraging friends.
  • Praying grandparents.
  • Women's Bible Study resumed.  
  • Answered prayer.
  • God's movement in people's lives.
God is good!  All the time.

Lord, thank you for your faithfulness to our family this week.  I love knowing that you are continually active in our lives.  When I don't know what to do as a parent, or allow fear or impatience to rule my thoughts, I have learned that I can turn it all over to you, and you hear my prayers.  Help me be diligent at passing onto my children, the many ways I see you at work in our lives, and that it's good for us all to give you praise. And when Alyssa and Kyle are anxious and worried, help me remind them to place everything in your hands, for you will be faithful to hear their prayers.  My heart is moved to give you praise, dear Jesus, for all the many blessings you have given our family!

No comments: