Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Cherries on Top

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:8-9


God doesn't just give us what we need. Sometimes He spoils us extravagantly with things we don't even realize we want. He delights in giving us things that bring us great joy. Little added blessings that are like the cherry on top of a sundae. Today, I am thanking Him for the "good things" He has blessed my life with.

  • Roses from my hubby.
  • Date night with my two boys.
  • Lyssa's safety on her Bible Quiz trip,
  • An hour reading my book.
  • Emails of prayer and encouragement.
  • Watching my boy play basketball...(They won Tuesday 55-10).
  • New windows being installed in my home today...for free!
  • New curtains for my room...unfortunately not free (ha!).
  • Thai lunch with a friend.
  • A day at home.
  • Making cookies with my new kitchen-aid mixer.  Fast.

So many cherries.  So many good things.  Today, my heart is full of thanks.
  
Oh Precious Lord, you are the giver of so many good things.  You not only provide for my needs on a daily basis, but you shower me with wonderful blessings that I don't even deserve.  You are an extravagant giver to your children.  Lord, thank you for the many ways I have felt loved by you in this week.  I am reveling in the love you have for me as your daughter.  I know that in no way is my list  exhaustive, and I want to be careful to give you all the praise and thanks for the many things you have blessed me with.  You are a living and active presence in my life!  Help me to teach my children to recognize the blessings in their lives that come from you, and have hearts that sing your praises.  May thanksgiving always be on their lips.  Thank you, Lord, for the many good things in our lives!  You are a good God...all the time!

No comments: