Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Switching Rooms...Oh my!

"If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle, the house leaks."  Ecclesiastes 10:18


Our kids came up with a crazy scheme for their Christmas break!  Switch rooms.  What appears fun to one person, seems like a bunch of work to another.  Can you guess which one I am? They "promised" that I wouldn't have to do anything, and that they would do all the work, but there are just some things they can't do all by themselves.

It sure is fun seeing them work though.  Amazingly enough they seem much happier.  Not that they would admit it, I'm sure. Working hands are happy hands. 

Lord, continue to grow up Alyssa and Kyle into adults who work hard at all that they do.  Laziness will just breed trouble and messes.  But diligent hands will bring wealth and happiness, especially from the inside out.  I pray that the work of Alyssa and Kyle's hands will glorify you always, dear Jesus.

No comments: