Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Driving Towards Manhood!

“And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God."  Deuteronomy 28:1-2 ESV

Kyle's first driving experience...1997

Our boy is becoming a man before our very eyes.  Every day I find myself amazed at the "little" things such as his height.  I'm still a tad taller than he is, but it won't be long, I'm sure.  But when I let him get behind the wheel of my car on Sunday, and he drove for the first time, all of a sudden I was overwhelmed with how close my little boy was to many big milestones in his life.

Driving.
Shaving.
Dating.

Oh my. Oh my.

He'll be facing a lot of new things in the years (or months) to come, and gaining more and more adult responsibilities. Trust will be vital, obedience a lifeline to more freedoms, and wise choices will give him a "long life" (Deuteronomy 6:2).  I'm praying for "man-like" choices, and that responsibility will mark all that he does.


Lord, help Kyle to faithfully obey your voice, being careful to follow all your commandments, and your blessings shall come upon him and overtake him.  Grow him up to be a man who follows you, dear Jesus, and lives a life of integrity, strength, and honor, always reflecting you in all that he says and does.  May obedience come quick, wise choices be his first response, and doing right always outweigh being cool, having fun, or doing what every one else does.  Lord, I pray that you are always Kyle's rock and shelter, and the One for whom he lives.  I love you, dear Jesus, and have a heart full of gratitude and praise, knowing that you hear my prayers.

No comments: