Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Uniquely Gifted

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3






Alyssa and Kyle... 2008

Our children have such different and unique personalities, each playing a special part in our home. These pictures show this fact pretty well, don't you think? What a gift they each are! So fun, full of spunk and spit, and each a treasure in their own right. I pray that they both take hold of those wonderful personalities, and live in the giftedness that God has given them. As a parent, I want to encourage them each to strive in their strengths, and fall in love who God has created them to be. I pray that they don't ever look down on themselves, but relish in their precious uniqueness.
Because who God made them to be is so beautiful to me! They truly are a gift from God!

Lord, I pray that my children know and believe how wonderfully they are made. You have gifted them each in different ways, yet both reflecting different parts of you in their lives. I pray that they each enjoy their differences, and strive in their giftedness. May they never doubt how beautifully they are created, and always believe that they were made for a profound purpose. At the same time, I pray that they remain humble and live their lives solely to represent you, Lord, Thank you for the precious gift of my children, and how beautifully you've made them. Oh, what a reward!

No comments: