Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Be Clean

"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin."  Psalm 51:2


Yesterday we began the paint job in Alyssa's new room.  Unfortunately we had to cover up some dark navy blue paint that we put up on the walls for Kyle first.  Heavy duty primer was in order.  Two coats to be exact. 

Just to let you know, painting is not my gift.  No matter how hard I try, I always end up with paint on myself.  Ggrrr.  Well, the problem with the primer, is that it was an oil-based paint.  Let me tell you something, in case you don't know what that means...it takes more than just water to remove the paint from your person. It takes heavy duty power!

Nothing like living with the smell of gasoline, from head to toe, for awhile.  Ick.

As I was scrubbing my hands, my knees, and yes, my hair, it gave me pause to think about how it is to wipe my sins away.  God doesn't have to scrub, pull, and tug away our iniquities.  The "powerful cleanser" was His shed blood, and He did it for me! 

He forgives, cleanses, and washes away every ugly sin in my life.  Thank you, precious Savior! 

I pray that my kids know that kind of love, and believe in God, who takes away every dirty and ugly thing in their life, and makes them something amazingly beautiful!

Oh to be clean!!

Lord, thank you for washing away all my iniquity and cleansing me from my sin, and for doing that for Alyssa and Kyle too.  May they know and believe that they can come to you for healing and cleansing, and that you make them holy and acceptable to you.  There is nothing so big that they would be separated from you eternally, if they believe in you.  Lord, thank you for being a forgiving God, and for loving us so unconditionally.

No comments: