Friday, January 7, 2011

Praying for Mom

"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble." Psalm 59:16



Lord, today as a mom I am singing of your strength. You are the One who gives me all that I need to be the mother you want me to be. I look to you, dear Jesus, for your guidance, wisdom, and arm of strength day by day. Today, I am also singing of your love. You love me with an everlasting love. You made a way for all people to draw near to you, and to have a personal relationship with you. My relationship with you is what drives me and gives me strength. Daily I sense your love, and it gives me hope, peace, and purpose, especially as I parent my children. Parenting is not an easy job, but with you Lord, I know that I will not only survive, I will thrive. Continue to be my strength each morning, my fortress and my refuge in times of trouble.

No comments: