Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Life and Breath

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord."  Psalm 150:6

Yesterday there was a sad story on the news in our area...

3-year old boy dies in swing set accident



As I heard about this heartbreaking story, I was reminded to be thankful for my children, and that they are alive, healthy, and safe.  I can hardly fathom what the parents of this little boy must be going through. 

I am praying for them, and at the same time thankful for Alyssa and Kyle's life and breath.

Lord, be near the parents of Asher Meyers.  Comfort their hearts and give them strength in this day, to handle their grief, and all the comes with this great loss.  It reminds me today, dear Jesus, to give you thanks for the life and breath of my dear children.  Forgive me for the times when I take that for granted, and am focused on all the difficult things that come with being a parent.  Help me to take great delight today in who you have made Alyssa and Kyle to be, and the little moments we have together in laughter and conversation.  I long that my children live their lives fully, to an old age, and always in good health, following your plans for their lives.  But I trust you, Lord, for each breath they take and for however long their life is.  Lord, may their lives always be filled with you, and their days marked by your Spirit leading, growing, and blessing them.  I thank you, Lord, for Alyssa and Kyle.

No comments: