Monday, November 15, 2010

Hunger for Knowledge

"Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge."  Proverbs 23:12

 Alyssa's "Bess Truman" project...2008

Another school week is upon us.  I pray that it's a good week for my kids.  Five more days of school  until the Thanksgiving break is upon us. 

I've probably mentioned this before on my blog, but I hate helping my kids with their homework.  Sometimes it makes me realize how much I didn't catch when I went to school, or how much I have yet to learn.  I think I took my education for granted at times, and instead enjoyed the friendships and fun.  I still had good grades, but I think I could have invested my life in learning a lot better than I did. 

So, I pray that for my kids.  My hope is that Alyssa and Kyle invest themselves in their learning, open their minds to new knowledge, and become inquisitive and hungry for deeper understanding.   I hope they have a thirst and hunger for learning.  It will help them go a long ways in life. 

Open your minds, kids!  There's a "boat-load" of stuff out there to take in.

Lord, help Alyssa and Kyle to apply their hearts to instruction and their ears to words of knowledge.  Fill them with the your Spirit, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills.  Open their ears and eyes today, that they may gain new insights, deeper understanding, and instruction that will grow them up into wise and knowledgeable adults.  And in their learning, may they find you, dear Jesus!

No comments: