Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Firm Foundation

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.” Matthew 7:24-25 NASB

 
Lord, you are my firm foundation, and my rock. When my life is being blown about by storms and rain, and I am feeling slammed to and fro, what assurance there is knowing that you are my shelter. When I have built my life on the rock, my foundation is firm through each test and trial. Heavenly Father, help my children build their lives on you. Daily may they look to you and your Word for wisdom, assurance, and hope, laying the foundation for the hard times that come in their lives. Plant your Word in their hearts, and grow their roots deep, that they may stand strong through all of life circumstances. Lord, may they trust you with all their hearts, never doubting your plan for their lives. You are the firm foundation of their lives, and I give you praise.

No comments: