Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Smile!

"I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile..."  Job 9:27


"A smile confuses an approaching frown." --author known

I love watching my kids smile.  It makes my day.  This week I've had the joy of seeing them smile when they...
played at the ocean,
beat me at Skipbo,
took a bite of some yummy clam chowder,
cracked a funny joke,
anticipated seeing freinds,
watched a funny movie,
took a lick of their favorite ice cream,
and played with cousins.
Some days it feels like there are more frowns, gripes, and whines, than those beautiful smiles.

Today, I'm praying that around every corner the smiles are abundant!

Lord, sometimes its easy to complain and whine.  Help Alyssa and Kyle to forget those complaints, and choose to "change their expression" and smile.  In all their comings and goings may they be reminded of the wonderful things in their lives, and to be thankful, cheerful, and full of joy.  Because you, Lord, are a part of their lives, they have great reason to rejoice and smile.  Because of your sweet salvation, they can live today with much an overflowing joy for life.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle smile their way through this day!

No comments: