Friday, November 12, 2010

Pure and Blameless

“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11

 Brother and Sister...2005

In my Bible, Philippians 1:9-11 is marked with my children’s names and the year 1999. As their mother, this verse was one of the prayers of my heart for my little ones. I don’t remember the specific circumstances of finding this verse, but I know that God gave it to me and I have prayed it over and over, claiming its truth for my kids. Today, I pray it again.

Lord, I lift before you my daughter Alyssa, and my son Kyle. My prayer for them is that they continue to grow in their knowledge of you. To understand all the facets of your character; your faithfulness, steadfastness, trustworthiness, and holiness, and how it impacts their lives. I pray that they continue studying, and digging deep in your Word, and planting Scriptures in their heart. As Alyssa and Kyle get to know you better, I pray that they are able to discern right from wrong, when you are speaking to them, and what you’re calling them to do and be. Keep them both pure and blameless with their words, thoughts, and actions. Lord, fill them with the desire for right-living in you. May their lives reflect your holiness and bring glory and praise to you, precious Father, each and every day.

No comments: