Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Bump, Set, Spike

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." Colossians 3:23

Today is Alyssa's last volleyball game of the season.

It's been a good run, despite so few wins.  

I love watching my girl play.


She has worked hard in the last 8 weeks!

Five days a week.

And she never gave up.


She's improved.

She's had fun.

And she's shown great sportsmanship.


  If I could boast a little...


I'd say she was a pretty good middle hitter/blocker!


We have loved watching her play.


It's sad to think that we've come to the end of the run.
 
It's been a great season.
 
Way to go, Lyss!  We love you!

Lord, thank you for our dear daughter, Alyssa.  She is such a precious gift in our life.  You have given her such wonderful gifts and talents, and she is strong in so many ways.  I pray that as she continues to grow into adulthood, she can use these gifts and talents for your glory.  Even in her playing and recreation may she find herself thanking the One who has blessed her with abilities and strengths.  I'm proud, dear Jesus, of her hard working attitude, good sportsmanship, and the determination to do her very best.  I know that you too are pleased!  Lord, thank you for my daughter, and the beautiful woman she is growing up to be!

No comments: