Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Keep On Growin'

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen."  2 Peter 3:18

Alyssa and her garden...2006

There's something fun about watching a garden grow.  After all the hard work of prepping the soil, planting the seed, and weeding the unwanted stragglers, you get something of value. It may be something edible, like a fruit or vegetable, or something beautiful like a flower.


I find the same joy when I watch my children grow...physically, emotionally and spiritually.  I love seeing the growth as we have conversations, or in how they deal with the things that come at them in life, and even in their relationship with others.  But growing in their walk with the Lord is the one thing I love to watch unfold most. 

I'm praying that Alyssa and Kyle grow STRONG in the Lord, with roots down DEEP, and that they produce spiritual fruit that is BEAUTIFUL and BOUNTIFUL!

I pray that Alyssa and Kyle grow in the grace and knowledge of you, their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May they grow in the fruit of the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  As they experience you, day by day, I pray that their faith in you grows strong, and their roots go down deep, and that they flourish as they walk with you.  To you be glory both now and forever!  Amen

No comments: